When you are looking for a simple but elegant way to spouse up breakfast or impress guests with some culinary flair, these pancakes are just what the chef ordered. Throw on some homemade preserves, and you’ll be among the God’s of the Kitchen.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in sour cream or yogurt, cottage cheese, and eggs until just blended.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a buttered hot griddle.
- Cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Serve with syrup or fresh fruit.
I like to make these when I have leftover cottage cheese in the fridge. They are more filling the regular buttermilk pancakes and truly make breakfast special any day of the week.
Recipe by: Tilly Frueh – Simply Grateful Cooking 2019
What I like about this recipe is how quickly it comes together. In less than 15 minutes I can have breakfast on the table. With busy mornings a standard around here, fast and easy is the only way to go, and for this I am — Simply Grateful.